Cause For Fire At Historic Inn Sought

The State Fire Marshal's Office is working to pinpoint the cause of an early morning fire at the historic Daniel Webster Inn on Main Street in Sandwich.

The clerk at the front desk happened to spot the blaze on a security camera shortly before 1:00 this morning and called 911.

Crews hit the scene in two minutes and were able to quickly knock down the flames coming from the kitchen area at the back of the more than 300-year-old building.

The inn was evacuated while firefighters did their thing. Only one person was hospitalized for smoke inhalation.

(Photo: State FIre Marshals Office)

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content