Eastham Fire Respond to Smoke in Home

From Eastham Fire: 

The Eastham Fire Department, on Sunday, received a 911 call for smoke in the basement of a home at 850 Massasoit Rd. Upon arrival, units found 4 occupants of the single story ranch home outside and a heavy smoke condition inside the home. Further investigation found a faulty oil burner which created the smoke.

There were no working smoke or Carbon Monoxide alarms in the rental home. All four occupants suffered from smoke inhalation and 2 required transport to Cape Cod Hospital. The home was still being ventilated and evaluated for habitability at the time of this release.

The Eastham Fire Department reminds everyone to please check your smoke and CO alarms monthly!

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content