Cotuit Fire Tackles Mercury Spill At Local Home

Crews covered in protective gear from head to toe had to be called in to tackle a mercury spill Tuesday evening in Cotuit. 

Hazmat team responded to a home in the 700-block of Main Street near Putnam Avenue shortly before 6:00 last night and were able to quickly contain the toxic liquid metal.

 Exposure can cause big damage to the nervous system, lungs, liver, kidneys and immune system. No word on how the spill occurred.

(Photo Credit: Cotuit Fire Department)

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content