The Quashnet Elementary School in Mashpee is closed for a second straight day after elevated levels of carbon monoxide were detected in the school.
Students had just arrived at the school this morning and were just getting off the buses when informed.
The youngsters were dismissed on Tuesday morning after the smell of gas permeated the corridors.
The cause of the odor was determined to be a heating unit in the maintenance area of the school. Mashpee firefighters are now back at the school looking for the source of the elevated CO levels.