Barnstable Fatal Fire Ruled Accidental

posted by Walt Perkins - 

Last weekend’s fatal house fire at 164 Millway in Barnstable has been ruled accidental by the State Fire Marshal’s Office.

86-year old Owen Duff Sr. died from injuries suffered in the fire.

The investigation found the fire began in the kitchen where an oil-filled portable heater was plugged into a light duty extension cord and that the cord was pinched by furniture. Investigators say the fire started as a result of the cord either being pinched or overloaded.

In addition, there were no working smoke detectors in the home.

title

Content Goes Here