Cape Cod Healthcare (CCHC) this week announced the recipients of its FY2018 Community Benefits Annual Strategic Grants.
The CCHC Community Benefits annual competitive grants program was open to all nonprofit community organizations operating in Barnstable County with programs aligned with CCHC Community Benefits priorities. To qualify, proposals had to meet at least one of the following two guidelines:
• Address and positively impact chronic disease or infectious disease management and/or
• Improve the health and disease prevention of residents of Barnstable County and sustain the wellness of seniors and caregivers.
Eleven of the 17 projects submitted for consideration were chosen to receive grants, totaling more than $250,000.
The 11 organizations awarded this year’s grants are:
• Alzheimer’s Family Caregiver Support Center – free care consultation for families
• NAMI Cape Cod – Mental Health First Aid training
• Cape Wellness Collaborative – integrative therapies for cancer patients
• YMCA Cape Cod – Livestrong at the Y program expansion
• Cape Cod Times Needy Fund – safety net program for individuals with chronic and infectious disease
• Samaritans of Cape Cod and the Islands – elder suicide outreach programs
• Team Maureen – HPV prevention through Cape-wide education
• AIDS Support Group of Cape Cod - Hepatitis C outreach, testing and connection to care
• Cape Cod Cooperative Extension – tick-borne disease prevention videos
• Housing Assistance Corporation – HAC Family Shelter Health and Wellness programs
• A Baby Center – infant car seat program