Quashnet School Reopens Friday
Mashpee School Officials say that the air quality levels in the Quashnet School have been stable with no evidence of carbon monoxide or natural gas since Wednesday.
Students and staff were evacuated from the school on Tuesday after a report of the smell of gas in the building.
The problem was determined to be a boiler that had malfunctioned and had to be repaired.
The school was closed for three days while repairs were made and the air quality monitored to ensure there was no further danger.
In a statement from the school district, officials said CO detectors have been installed by the fire department in the mechanical areas of the building and in hallways near the boiler room.
A firefighter will be in the building today (Friday) to monitor carbon monoxide levels.