Local News

Local News

Want to know more about Local News ? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on Newsradio 95 WXTK!

 

Firefighters Respond to Early Morning Blaze

The Oak Bluffs Fire Department responded to a fire at an apartment early Saturday morning.

The incident occurred just before 6 a.m. at the building located at 24 Shawmut Avenue.

Once arriving crews found all of the occupants had escaped the home safely, they quickly began putting out the flames.

A preliminary investigation by fire officials revealed the blaze started on the first floor of the building when a mattress caught fire due to a space heater; the flames spread upstairs to the second floor and to the nearby garage.

No further injuries were reported once the scene was cleared.


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content