Firefighters Respond to Early Morning Blaze

The Oak Bluffs Fire Department responded to a fire at an apartment early Saturday morning.

The incident occurred just before 6 a.m. at the building located at 24 Shawmut Avenue.

Once arriving crews found all of the occupants had escaped the home safely, they quickly began putting out the flames.

A preliminary investigation by fire officials revealed the blaze started on the first floor of the building when a mattress caught fire due to a space heater; the flames spread upstairs to the second floor and to the nearby garage.

No further injuries were reported once the scene was cleared.

Local News

Local News

Want to know more about Local News ? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on Newsradio 95 WXTK!

title

Content Goes Here