Yarmouth Apartment Complex Fire

A fire in an apartment complex in Yarmouth rendered one unit uninhabitable.

The Yarmouth Fire Department received a call at approximately 1:40 p.m. about fire alarms going off at the Alewife Circle apartment complex.

Crews arrived on scene and found smoke coming from building unit 1218; water supply was delayed due to a hydrant breaking on scene.

With help from Dennis firefighters, the blaze was knocked down quickly and the apartment was ventilated; no injuries were reported.      

The only apartment unit condemned was 1218; members from the Red Cross and the Yarmouth Health Department were on scene to assist those who were displaced.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental; a cardboard box was placed too close to a stove top, which caught on fire and quickly spread to the cabinets.

Local News

Local News

Want to know more about Local News ? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on Newsradio 95 WXTK!

title

Content Goes Here