CAPE COD CARES FOR THE TROOPS
18TH ANNUAL TROOPS IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Sunday, May 29
11:30am - Midnight
This event is to honor and support our Fallen Heroes and their Gold Star Families. To show support for our deployed troops, veterans and wounded warriors.
Help fill the donation tent with supplies for care packages, raise funds to pay the cost of shipping and help support CCC4TT programs.
You can help by holding a donation drive at your school, work, church, civic organization, sports teams, Boy/Girl Scouts, Collect supplies for care packages or monetary donations to pay for the cost of shipping.
Looking for businesses to sponsor an hour.
Activities and Events
- 11:30am – Opening Ceremony – Honoring our Gold Star Families and Veterans
- Noon – Military members take the stage and stand at attention in one hour shifts for 12 hrs
- Noon-2 – Lunch with Ken Foster and the X-Grill
- 1:00 – K-9 Demonstration
- 3:00pm – Parade and Honor Ceremony for Vietnam Veterans (all Vietnam Veterans are invited to participate)
- Midnight – Closing Ceremony with the Flag Lowering for the official start of Memorial Day.
- Meet and greet members of our military, thank them for their service to our country.
- Visit the Iraq/Afghanistan Memorial Wall with the names of our Fallen Heroes.
- Send a free video message to our deployed troops. Make a card for a care package.
- See displays of military equipment & vehicles.
- Support the Troops Raffle with many great prizes
- Information on veterans benefits, support for military families, upcoming events, etc
Cape Cod Cares for the Troops an all volunteer 501(c)(3) non-profit organization started in 2004 by then 11 year old Dylan DeSilva. To date over 41,000 care packages have been shipped.
For more information visit www.capecod4thetroops.com
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter or call 774-216-9052
Donations can be mailed to P.O. Box 1444 Harwich, MA 02645 or PayPal and Venmo